I made this jewelry set a year ago and posted pictures of it. I also made a small tutorial for this jewelry set but it never got posted. So, i thought that is was about time that I upload this. The tutorial is focusing on how to make the clay bead but i also mention the supplies needed for the whole project.
Tools I used for this project:
- dotting tool (it’s originally for nail art)
- Wooden skewer
- sewing needle or pin
- small knife
- Polymer clay
- Wooden beads
- Wet wipes
- Jewelry thread
- Jewelry lock
- Jump rings
- Earing jewelry pieces
- FIMO Glossy Varnish
- Create the color you want for your project by mixing different colored clay together. You need two colors for this project, one for the base and one for the decoration.
- Use a pasta machine or a rolling pin to make the clay thin.
- Cover the wooden beads with clay. There will most likely become air bubbles in the clay. Try to get them out by making holes with a needle.
- When you covered the bead evenly with clay use wet wipes to remove dust and other particles from the surface.
- Roll the second color of clay into lengths with your hands.
- Depending on how big you want your decoration on the bead to be divide the roll in desirable size. Roll each piece into preferably equal balls.
- Put the balls on the bead in whatever way you like, I wanted to create a flower shapes throughout the bead.
- Use the needle or dotting tool to pull out the balls and create more depth to the design.
- When you are content with your creation clean it very carefully with wet wipes.
- Then bake them in the oven according to the instructions on the package.
- After they are baked and cooled put the beads on sticks, wooden skewers or something similar and paint with glossy varnish. Let this dry according to the instructions on the jar.
- When the varnish has dried you can start to assemble the whole jewelry.
I wish you alla a good day, afternoon, evening, night or morning wherever you may be on this planet.